Stomach pain affects the health and quality of life of the patient. So what are the causes of stomach pain?
Learn about stomach pain
Stomach pain is manifested by damage to the lining of the stomach. This then leads to inflammation and ulcers. When not detected and treated promptly, stomach pain can cause dangerous complications to the patient’s health.
Common sites of stomach pain include:
- Pain in the epigastrium
The pain in the epigastrium often makes the patient feel uncomfortable, dull pain or pain in episodes. Pain is mainly in the epigastrium, sometimes radiating to the back. The pain levels vary.
- Pain in the middle abdomen
The stomach pain in the middle abdomen is usually dull, long-lasting pain that does not help. When pain is often accompanied by other symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, heartburn…
- Pain in the left side of the epigastrium
Stomach pain usually occurs in the left oblique region of the epigastrium when fasting. Pain every once in a while.
Causes of stomach pain
According to experts, the most common causes of stomach pain in patients include:
Helicobacter pylori infection is one of the most common causes of stomach pain. According to statistics, up to 80% of cases of stomach pain are caused by H. Helicobacter pylori bacteria usually enter the stomach through the daily oral route. They cause direct damage to the mucosa, stomach wall and make the stomach function impaired.
Over time, the lining of the stomach becomes irritated and causes inflammation, even forming ulcers. Stomach pains also begin to start, more severe can cause stomach bleeding in the stomach.
One of the other causes of stomach pain that patients may experience is due to an unscientific diet. In particular, the bad habits that cause stomach pain that patients often suffer from can be mentioned as:
- Eating too fast, not chewing properly, the stomach must contract and work with a higher frequency than usual.
- Regularly eating too late, eating at the wrong time or eating too much food in one meal.
- Fasting, especially breakfast.
- Often foods, pickled foods, too spicy or too salty, fried foods with a lot of fat…
Smoking, drinking alcohol
According to experts, smoking regularly causes the amount of Pepsin and HCL to be excreted more in the body. These substances cause the stomach lining to be eroded, which is the cause of stomach pain more easily.
Frequent drinking of alcohol and alcoholic beverages
In alcohol, alcoholic beverages when used for a long time will cause mucosal damage, even inflammation – stomach ulcers. This is also the primary factor that causes stomach pain for patients.
Stress, prolonged stress
What is the cause of stomach pain? Stress, prolonged stress can completely cause stomach pain for patients. This is explained as follows: When stressed, the stomach contracts more strongly, thereby, stimulating bowel movements and making the pain worse. Besides, staying up too late also causes the stomach to increase acid secretion and cause stomach pain.
Therefore, to limit the risk of stomach pain, you should keep the most comfortable working spirit, limit prolonged stress and have a reasonable rest regime.
Side effects when using the drug
When using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory or analgesic groups, it is easy to cause side effects to the digestive system such as irritation and mucosal damage. In particular, stomach pain is one of the typical conditions.
Pain caused by diseases
Besides the above causes, under the influence of gastrointestinal diseases, patients will also have to face stomach pain. Include:
- Peptic ulcer – duodenal ulcer.
- Esophageal reflux.
- Stomach bleeding.
- Stomach cancer.
Are stomach pains dangerous?
When stomach pain occurs, patients often have subjective psychology, because the pain does not last long and is continuous. Or it may disappear without medical treatment.
However, according to the expert’s recommendation, when stomach pain of unknown cause occurs, medical examination and diagnosis should be performed to accurately determine the disease’s condition. From there, implement timely intervention methods to avoid adverse health effects.
Diet for people with stomach pain
People with stomach pain should pay attention to the following issues in the diet, including:
- Do not skip meals, fast. It is best to fix meal times with main meals.
- Do not eat too full to avoid putting pressure on the stomach. Chew food thoroughly before swallowing.
- Make sure to use fresh, clean, hygienic and clearly sourced foods. Do not eat food that is stale or past its expiry date.
- Limit performing strong activities after eating, such as running, exercising, carrying things…
- People with stomach pain should limit the use of cold, sour, hot and spicy foods.
- Minimize the use of alcohol, tobacco, alcoholic beverages or stimulants.
- Prioritize the use of foods that support and treat the stomach such as ginger, milk, apples, okra, coconut water, …
Above is the information about the cause of stomach pain that Burger24h wants to send to readers. Stomach pain can improve and treat when detected early. Therefore, as soon as you notice unusual signs of stomach pain, you need to quickly go to the nearest health department to diagnose the condition.